Transfer news LIVE: Arsenal target Yildiz, Liverpool in Minteh bid, Spurs agree £75m Savinho deal

1
Swipe for next article

Liveupdated

Transfer news LIVE: Arsenal target Yildiz, Liverpool in Minteh bid, Spurs agree £75m Savinho deal

After missing out on Vinicius Jr, Arsenal want another wide forward with Juventus star Kenan Yildiz an option, while Baleba looks to be heading to Manchester United and Spurs pursue Savinho and Omar Marmoush

Arsenal are exploring a move for Juventus forward Kenan Yildiz as Mikel Arteta seeks to complete his transfer plans for an assault on both the Champions League and Premier League for the new season. The Gunners are agreed to sign Ezri Konsa from Aston Villa, but the left side of attack has long been identified as a priority position and the 21-year-old Turkey international is high up on their list of targets.

Liverpool have had a £50m offer for Yankuba Minteh rebuffed by Brighton, as they step up their search for a successor to Mohamed Salah, and have agreed a deal with Inter Milan to sell Curtis Jones. Liverpool are also interested in Bradley Barcola, but there has been a substantial difference in their valuation of the France international and Paris Saint-Germain’s, with the Champions League winners looking for £145m.

Manchester United are ready to splash more than £60m on Brighton’s Carlos Baleba, ending a pursuit that begun last summer and bringing in further reinforcements to their midfield, while Tottenham have agreed a deal to sign Manchester City winger Savinho for an initial £75m. Spurs also want to sign Omar Marmoush, while City have identified Brazilian winger Allan as a possible replacement.

Follow all of the latest news, rumours and done deals below:

Enzo Fernandez transfer talk rebuffed by Chelsea boss Xabi Alonso

Xabi Alonso insisted Enzo Fernandez is showing a “good attitude” as the Chelsea manager refused to engage in speculation about his star midfielder’s future.

“Enzo is a Chelsea player,” Alonso said in his pre-match press conference ahead of the short opening trip to Fulham on Monday.

“He’s a top, top player. He’s training really well since he started 10 days ago with the team, very integrated. We are happy with him and he’s getting ready for Monday.”

Asked further whether Fernandez has actually stated he wants to stay at the club he joined for £107m in 2023, Alonso did not budge.

“He’s training really well with a good attitude, and that’s what we want,” the Spaniard added. “He’s trying his best to prepare for the kick-off of the Premier League.”

Kieran Jackson21 August 2026 08:58

Manchester United step up pursuit of a left back?

Manchester United were linked with two new left-backs yesterday. Fabrizio Romano reported that United were looking at Barcelona’s Alejandro Balde, even though the Spain international is said to be “happy” at the club. Caught Offside, meanwhile, reported that Jorge Salinas, the teeanger from Racing Santander, was also on United’s shortlist. England international Lewis Hall had been discussed earlier in the window but he is set to remain at Newcastle.

Jamie Braidwood21 August 2026 08:38

Atletico Madrid to sign Nicolas Jackson?

The Senegal forward has no future at Chelsea and will be allowed to leave on loan. Marca report that Atletico Madrid are sensing an opportunity, given the injury to Alexander Sørloth and with Julian Alvarez’s position uncertain. A loan move would suit the LaLiga club, and perhaps Jackson too. The 25-year-old previously played for Villarreal.

Chelsea will also listen to offers for Liam Delap. The striker has had the No 9 shirt taken from him before the start of the season. Ipswich Town and Nottingham Forest are thought to be among a number of clubs considering a move for Delap.

Jamie Braidwood21 August 2026 08:18

Could Gabriel Martinelli head to Juventus as part of Kenan Yildiz deal?

The Arsenal hierarchy do want to ensure more outgoings, while Juventus would be hard line on a player who is one of their burgeoning talents. They would want upwards of £60m for Kenan Yildiz, and also have to consider fan backlash. One solution that has been raised is Gabriel Martinelli potentially going the other way, but that would still require considerable negotiation.

Miguel Delaney, Chief Football Writer21 August 2026 07:58

How Liverpool's search for a winger led them to Yankuba Minteh

Earlier this summer Liverpool submitted a package of £86m for Yan Diomande, but he instead left RB Leipzig for Real Madrid. They are also interested in Bradley Barcola, but there has been a substantial difference in their valuation of the France international and Paris Saint-Germain’s, with the Champions League winners looking for £145m.

Liverpool have also looked at PSG’s Ibrahim Mbaye. Their approach for Yankuba Minteh came as they explore if some targets are available and attainable.

Richard Jolly, Senior Football Correspondent Braidwood21 August 2026 07:41

Liverpool see bid for Yankuba Minteh rejected by Brighton

Liverpool have had an offer for Yankuba Minteh rebuffed by Brighton as they step up their search for a successor to Mohamed Salah. The Merseyside club bid £50m for the winger, which Albion received and rejected.

Minteh, who is out for around eight weeks, would not be available immediately anyway but Liverpool turned their attentions to the Gambia winger as they explore multiple options to strengthen on the flanks.

Liverpool have signed one winger already this summer, in Victor Munoz from Osasuna, but their main aim in the remainder of the window is to bring in another wide forward. They also took Barcelona captain Ronald Araujo on loan but the majority of their transfer budget is reserved for a winger.

Minteh cost Brighton £30m when he joined from Newcastle two years ago and is reportedly willing to move to Liverpool. He has scored nine goals in 66 games for Albion.

Richard Jolly, Senior Football Correspondent21 August 2026 07:33

Explained: Arsenal's Kenan Yildiz as they explore move for forward

Arsenal are looking into whether a deal for Juventus' Kenan Yildiz is possible in this window, as Mikel Arteta seeks to complete his transfer plans for an assault on both the Champions League and Premier League for the new season.

Arteta has long identified the left side attack as a priority position to upgrade, with Real Madrid's Vinicius Jr having been the ideal target.

The club would probably have moved for Bournemouth's Junior Kroupi had it not been for his injury, and that does represent an option for January.

Yildiz has nevertheless been high up on their list of targets, with Arteta especially keen on the Turkish international. The fact he is 21 years old would also represent a shift back to signing talents who can evolve. As with Kroupi, however, thought has been given to waiting until future windows.

The future of Julian Alvarez also weighs over this. The Argentine has been Arsenal's main target after Vinicius, but interest cooled when it became apparent he wanted to stay in Spain and go to Barcelona.

Miguel Delaney, Chief Football Writer21 August 2026 07:28

Tottenham agree £75m Savinho deal

Tottenham have agreed to sign Savinho from Manchester City for £75m, according to Sami Mokbel at BBC Sport, as Spurs finally close in on the forward who they have wanted for over a year.

An initial £75m fee has been agreed, with a further £10m in add-ons, while Tottenham are also interested in signing Omar Marmoush from Manchester City as Roberto De Zerbi bids to strengthen his attack.

Manchester City are interested in Brazilian winger Allan as they look for a replacement for Savinho.

The Palmeiras player has a €100m release clause in his contract, though City could look to secure him for a lower fee.

Jamie Braidwood21 August 2026 07:19

Mikel Arteta made Arsenal champions – here’s how he can define a new Premier League era

With stability and squad depth the Gunners can capitalise on an unpredictable top-flight season and win back-to-back titles for the first time since 1935 says Miguel Delaney.

Mikel Arteta made Arsenal into champions now he can define a new Premier League era

With stability and squad depth the Gunners can capitalise on an unpredictable top-flight season and win back-to-back titles for the first time since 1935 says Miguel Delaney

Mike Jones21 August 2026 07:10

The transfer reality holding Man United back from the next step under Michael Carrick

United have missed out on two of their top targets and look short of the firepower to outbid their rivals ahead of a first full campaign under Carrick and the ultimate aim to challenge for the title once more, writes Richard Jolly.

The transfer reality holding Man Utd back under Michael Carrick

United have missed out on two of their top targets and look short of the firepower to outbid their rivals ahead of a first full campaign under Carrick and the ultimate aim to challenge for the title once more, writes Richard Jolly

Mike Jones21 August 2026 06:14

Click here to read article

Related Articles