Mikel Arteta and Andrea Berta are expected to bolster the Arsenal squad in the summer transfer window in the hope of defending the Premier League title.Eli Junior Kroupi has revealed he was bombarded with messages from Arsenal players following Bournemouth's clash against Manchester City. The Cherries held Pep Guardiola's side to a draw at the Vitality Stadium on Tuesday night, crowning the Gunners as the new Premier League champions.Kroupi, who Bournemouth signed from Lorient for just £12million at the start of the season, broke the deadlock on the south coast, scoring the goal that secured Arsenal a piece of silverware. Erling Haaland pulled back an equaliser in the final minutes, but it wasn't enough to take the title race to the last day.During an interview with Stadium Astro ahead of the final game of the season, Kroupi was asked whether any Gunners players had thanked him for his contributions. The France Under-21 international replied: "Yes, I have received many messages, but I tell myself that I didn’t do this for Arsenal."I do this for Bournemouth. I can say I scored against Arsenal, I scored against City. It doesn’t change anything. I just wanted to help my team."FOLLOW OUR ARSENAL FB PAGE! Latest Gunners news, analysis and much more via our dedicated Facebook pageThis season, Kroupi, whose contract at the Vitality Stadium expires in June 2030, broke the record for the most goals scored in a debut Premier League campaign by a teenager, netting 13 goals. In fact, his effort against Manchester City was the decisive strike, leapfrogging Robbie Fowler and Robbie Keane.The Frenchman's performances certainly haven't gone under the radar, attracting interest from the Emirates Stadium. football.london understands Arsenal are interested in Kroupi, as they look to bolster their frontline this summer.The striker has drawn interest from elsewhere, too, and Bournemouth are expected to demand a significant fee. It's understood that the Cherries are under no pressure to sell either, with four years remaining on his contract.Speaking to Stadium Astro, Kroupi was asked to provide an update on his future. He said: "Perform with my team and perform also in Europe also because it is very beautiful to be in Europe, but you have to perform to play there."Earlier this month, the Bournemouth sporting director made it clear that Kroupi, who the CIES Football Observatory values at €76.6m (£66.2m) is going nowhere in the summer. Tiago Pinto told Saudi Arabian outlet 365scores: "Junior Kroupi will not be leaving the club."His contract is for more than four years, there is no release clause in the contract, and he will not be going anywhere."When asked if a certain number could convince the Cherries to cash in, Pinto replied: "We will not sell Kroupi even if we receive offers of €100mm (£85m)."Before Mikel Arteta and Andrea Betra can begin to think about welcoming any new faces to the Emirates Stadium, they have a Champions League final on the agenda. Next week, Arsenal will lock horns with Paris Saint-Germain at the Puskas Arena in Budapest, Hungary.On Saturday, May 30, the Gunners will have the chance to win Europe's elite competition for the first time in their history...
Click here to read article