Predicted line-ups for Premier League teams in Matchweek 1

0
With the 2026/27 season now upon us, football writer Sam Cunningham has predicted how Premier League teams could line up in Matchweek 1, following a busy summer of transfers.

This can be particularly helpful for Fantasy Premier League managers as they pick their squads for Gameweek 1, ahead of the deadline at 18:30 BST today.

More team graphics will be added as managers hold their pre-match press conferences on Friday afternoon.

See: Injury updates for every club and player

See: Who's suspended or close to a ban?

Arsenal v Coventry predicted line-ups

Arsenal: New signing Bruno Guimaraes is a major doubt, though manager Mikel Arteta will leave it until the last minute to make a final decision. "Let's see how it is,” he said. “He is evolving really well.” Bukayo Saka and Declan Rice are, however, “ready to be involved” after starting on the bench during last weekend’s Community Shield win against Manchester City. Jurrien Timber is still a “few weeks” away from returning. William Saliba remains a long-term absentee.

See: Arsenal team news

Coventry: Frank Lampard will be without last season’s top scorer Haji Wright after the striker was ruled out for up to 12 weeks. “He won’t be available for a little while, he’s got a very serious quad injury which is disappointing for Haji and for us,” Lampard said. “It’s certainly going to be a number of weeks.” Ellis Simms is in line to replace him. In better news, Ephron Mason-Clark and Jack Rudoni have shrugged off pre-season injuries and are in contention to face Arsenal, though are unlikely to be risked from the start. Frank Onyeka will require a late fitness test.

See: Coventry team news

Hull v Man Utd predicted line-ups

Hull: Hull are missing a whole host of first-team players due to injury. Six, including Jack Butland and Darko Gyabi, are out until at least next month. The absence of Joe Gelhardt is also a big blow. Hidemasa Morita will return to training after the Man Utd game, and Cody Drameh is likely to join him. With Charlie Hughes out, it leaves big shoes to fill in the centre of defence and new signing Nobel Mendy is poised to step in. Expect them to play the tight, five-at-the-back formation that saw them them through the playoffs.

Watch: Sergej Jakirovic's press conference

Man Utd: After a strong pre-season, Mason Mount is “touch and go for the weekend”, though manager Michael Carrick insisted “there are no dramas” and the midfielder won’t be out for long. Matthijs De Ligt is back in training, though not quite ready to be involved. Benjamin Sesko has also returned with the squad, but this weekend is likely to be too soon for him to start, so Carrick will have decisions to make up front.

See: Man Utd team news

Everton v Crystal Palace predicted line-ups

Everton: Team news to follow...

Crystal Palace: Crystal Palace are hopeful goalkeeper Dean Henderson will be fit to start, despite twisting his ankle in the club’s final pre-season friendly against Freiburg. “We want him to play,” new manager Pierre Sage said. “But we gave him a few days of treatment to allow him to be in his best shape.” Everyone else is available, Sage said, including forward Jean-Philippe Mateta, who is unlikely to start as he returns to fitness but will be in the matchday squad and could get some minutes.

See: Crystal Palace team news

Ipswich v Sunderland predicted line-ups

Ipswich: Team news to follow...

Sunderland: All Sunderland’s players are available apart from Simon Adingra, who has not fully recovered from an ankle problem, though manager Regis Le Bris will have decisions to make around who starts. “We’ll see for the game time because they are not all at the same stage, but they are available,” he said. New signing Thomas Meunier had been struggling with back pain, but the right back trained this week, will be in the squad and could get some minutes. Omar Alderete and Nordi Mukiele will also return from injuries.

See: Sunderland team news

Nott'm Forest v Leeds predicted line-ups

Nott'm Forest: Captain Ryan Yates and Nicolo Savona have both been ruled out. Yates was absent from the club’s final pre-season friendly, against Stade Brestois, and has not recovered in time for the season opener. Defender Savona missed the end of last season due to surgery and has had a minor setback in his recovery. “We had to take a step back, so he’s working in the gym again and working on his knee to get back on the grass. I think it will take a couple of weeks,” manager Oliver Glasner said. All other players are available for the matchday squad.

See: Nott'm Forest team news

Leeds: Noah Okafor, who scored six goals in his last 10 games last season, has been back training with the team for a fortnight, though manager Daniel Farke is loathe to risk him. “It’s my responsibility to see if it makes sense and we’ll take some late decisions,” Farke said. Willy Gnonto is out with a hamstring injury. “We hope to have him back in team training soon.” While Gabriel Gudmundsson is also “still out”. The rest of the squad are in good shape and available.

See: Leeds team news

Brentford v Spurs predicted line-ups

Bournemouth: Team news to follow...

Spurs: The defence will be significantly affected after new club captain Micky van de Ven and Pedro Porro were ruled out with injuries. Archie Gray is expected to deputise at right back, while Marcos Senesi, who signed from Bournemouth this summer, could start at centre-back. Pape Matar Sarr is also not fit enough to play. Manager Roberto De Zerbi said that James Maddison, Dominic Solanke, Mateus Fernandes and Destiny Udogie are all available.

Brighton v Aston Villa predicted line-ups

Brighton: Manager Fabian Hurzeler is contending with a series of injuries to key players. Yankuba Minteh is out for at least a couple of weeks. Carlos Baleba, Kaoru Mitoma and Stefanos Tzimas are all doubts and will be assessed ahead of Sunday’s game. New signing Promise David has a chance to be involved, but that will likely be from the bench.

Watch: Fabian Hurzeler's press conference

Aston Villa: Team news to follow...

Man City v Bournemouth predicted line-ups

Man City: Team news to follow...

Bournemouth: Marco Rose is contending with a series of injuries to his squad as he prepares for his first official match as Bournemouth’s manager. It includes last season’s breakout star Junior Kroupi, who required surgery on a foot injury and will not be back until around November. Tyler Adams is being assessed and remains in contention, but with Ryan Christie ruled out through suspension, it may open a spot in central midfield. David Brooks is also being monitored.

Watch: Marco Rose's press conference

Newcastle v Liverpool predicted line-ups

Newcastle: Midfielder Joelinton is out “for a couple of weeks” and will miss the opening weekend, manager Matthias Jaissle revealed. “I'm really confident that he will be back as soon as possible." Expect summer signing Aladji Bamba to come into central midfield. Amar Dedic, who only just joined the club, could also be thrown straight into action at right back. “He got some minutes in friendlies there, I am confident that he's ready and we need him," Jaissle said. Tino Livaremento is on the cusp of a return, but still needs more time after only taking part in one training session.

See: Newcastle team news

Liverpool: Team news to follow...

Fulham v Chelsea predicted line-ups

Fulham: Defender Joachim Anderson will miss the start of the season due to suspension, while Tom Cairney will not be available until October after undergoing knee surgery earlier this month. Manager Alvaro Arbeloa has plenty of decisions to make across the pitch for his first match as Fulham manager. Expect to see new signing Gonzalo Garcia, who joined from Real Madrid in the summer, start up front.

See: Fulham team news

Chelsea: Danny Welbeck, signed this summer from Brighton, is managing his fitness in training, but could still feature, most likely from the bench. “We are expecting him back on Saturday,” manager Xabi Alonso said. “We need to go day by day but that's the plan at the moment." Jordan Henderson’s wrist injury will keep him out until September. Alonso said that players who went deep in the World Cup “may need a bit more time” but none are injured and all are available.

Click here to read article

Related Articles