Alexander Isak £120m transfer stance emerges as Liverpool 'submit bid'

2
Alexander Isak £120m transfer stance emerges as Liverpool 'submit bid'

Latest Liverpool transfer news as the door has reportedly opened for Alexander Isak to join the Reds while there's a positive report regarding interest in Marc Guehi

Liverpool are 'unlikely' to spend over £120million for Newcastle United striker Alexander Isak. (Image: Stu Forster/Getty Images)

The transfer window is set for a blockbuster conclusion with the door seemingly opening for Liverpool to sign Alexander Isak. The Reds have been forced to wait for the Swede, despite his public declaration of unhappiness at St James' Park after expressing a desire to leave the club.



However, his much-desired exit hinged on Newcastle United's transfer business. So far this summer, Eddie Howe's side have suffered rejection from Joao Pedro, Hugo Ekitike and Benjamin Sesko piling pressure on their recruitment team in the North East, while Isak remained in the cold after being forced to train on his own.



The transfer window shuts at 7pm on Monday and it is set to have an exciting finish with Liverpool, potentially, landing their long-awaited signing plus Marc Guehi - who helped Crystal Palace book their place in the UEFA Conference League Group Stage.



Alexander Isak transfer latest as Liverpool given huge boost after agreement reached READ MORE:

The ECHO has compiled a round-up of all the stories surrounding the Reds and their transfer business.

Liverpool stance emerges after Isak twist

The Times have reported that Liverpool are unlikely to go above £120million to end Isak's saga and prise him away from his nightmare at the Magpies.

With the Premier League two games in, the 25-year-old has yet to make an appearance for Eddie Howe's side after being banished to train on his own, in what has become a bitter saga surrounding Newcastle's record-signing.



The Reds have already seen a bid worth £110million rejected by the North East club, last month.

However, it has been suggested that the door is creaking open for a dream move to Liverpool with Nick Woltemade on his way to England to complete a move to Newcastle worth £65million.

The outlet has claimed that Liverpool will not bow to Newcastle's £150m price-tag and believe around £120m is the magic number to sign Isak given there is no competition or bidding war for him.



Liverpool 'submit fresh Guehi bid'

Football Insider have claimed that Crystal Palace are likely to accept a bid from Liverpool for Guehi as Arne Slot's side submit a new bid for the defender.

It has been reported by the outlet that Liverpool want another centre-back and the England international is top of the shortlist. The ECHO understands that talks over Guehi are ongoing.

Liverpool are said to have offered £36million plus £4m in add-ons for the 25-year-old, who is out of contract at Selhurst Park next summer.



The total package - worth £40m - is said to be the figure demanded by Oliver Glasner's side with the Eagles skipper already giving the 'green light' to make the move to the North West.

Although the caveat is that Palace need to sign a successor to Guehi and this week, Manuel Akanji has been linked with a move to South London from Manchester City.

For the latest news and breaking news, visit liverpoolecho.co.uk/all-about/liverpool-fc. Get all the big headlines, pictures, analysis, opinion and video on the stories that matter to you.



Follow us on Twitter @‌LivEchoLFC - the official Liverpool ECHO LFC Twitter account - for all the latest LFC news as it happens in real time.

We're also on Facebook/LiverpoolEchoLFC - your must-see LFC news, features, videos and pictures throughout the day from the Liverpool ECHO.

Listen to our podcasts by searching for 'Blood Red' wherever you get your podcasts.

Article continues below

Sign up for one of the Liverpool Echo's free daily and weekly newsletters on Liverpool FC by clicking here.

Click here to read article

Related Articles