Adam Wharton has already revealed where he will be playing his football this season - and he's going nowhere.The England international midfielder will be staying at Crystal Palace amid transfer interest from Manchester City.talkSPORT reported last week that Man City were eyeing Wharton, having enquired about his availability.Enzo Maresca is searching for some new midfielders, with a Rodri-size hole needing to be filled following his move to Barcelona.But it seems they're not going to get the 22-year-old, who had already confirmed his future to Darren Ambrose.Former Crystal Palace midfielder Ambrose has revealed to talkSPORT that he knew Wharton would be staying at Selhurst Park.He caught up with Wharton during a recent kit launch for the Eagles ahead of the upcoming Premier League campaign."Most of the comments were, 'Delighted to see Adam Wharton front and centre,'" Ambrose told talkSPORT's Hawksbee and Jacobs."I was [delighted]. I even said to him: 'I'm not surprised you're here, but it's pleasing that you're here.'"He just basically said: 'I'm a Crystal Palace player.'"There's going to be speculation, there's going to be bids. He's a fantastic talent."So, Wharton looks to be staying a Palace player, as he said, leaving Man City having to look at other options in midfield.Who could Man City sign instead?As mentioned, Maresca and Man City are looking to sign multiple midfielders before the transfer deadline on September 1.Wharton was one of six players being considered by the club to replace Rodri and the also-departed Tijjani Reijnders, but he will not be making the switch to the Etihad.But who are the other five options for City?talkSPORT understands they are still prepared to bid for Enzo Fernandez despite missing Chelsea's deadline.Meanwhile, a deal that is much further along is one for Ayyoub Bouaddi, with City in advanced talks to sign the World Cup star.Personal terms have been agreed for the teenager since July.Liverpool's Alexis Mac Allister is also understood to be appreciated, but the Reds are understood to have no plans to sell him.Bournemouth's Alex Scott and Roma's Manu Kone are options for City too, with the latter linked to Man United and Arsenal previously.As for Scott, multiple Premier League sides have registered interest this summer, however, he is not for sale.Maresca and co. will head into their first game of the new season against Scott on Sunday, knowing there is still work to do in the transfer window over the next two weeks.As for Crystal Palace, they start their campaign against Everton on Saturday, with Wharton staying put in their squad.Palace then play Man City in their second game of the season.
Click here to read article